VFS Fellowship Program – Summer 2020
Vietnam Finance Society is proud to offer the VFS Fellowship Program from which students of Vietnamese descent can enhance their summer finance internships. As experienced professionals in the industry, we understand the challenges students may face when transitioning into a full-time work environment. This will be an exciting opportunity for students to build a close-knit and supportive network during their internships, especially during these unprecedented times.
- The 2020 VFS Fellowship Program helps college students of Vietnamese descent succeed during their summer finance internships and beyond. The program will provide for mentorship support, educational events, and networking opportunities with young professionals, senior leaders and high-achieving peers in the industry.
- From June to August 2020, fellows will participate in a series of professional development workshops and networking events to broaden their knowledge of the finance industry and to develop the skills necessary to succeed during their internships and beyond in their careers.
- Professional development workshops on internship best practices, navigating corporate environment, career planning, communications and negotiation skills
- Discussions with senior executives on industry landscapes, trends, and market developments
- As part of the program, each of the fellows will be matched with a mentor who is a finance professional based on the industry of each fellow’s internship as well as his or her preferences. Throughout the program, mentors will share their experiences and provide fellows with ongoing advice. Fellows will also have access to the broader VFS Mentorship Network.
- Participating mentors and speakers in the 2020 VFS Fellowship Program are professionals from Bank of America Merrill Lynch, UBS, Barclays, MAEVA, RBC, LDR Capital, Macquarie, and Goldman Sachs, among others.
- Fellows will also have the opportunity to participate in social events with their fellowship class, the VFS team and other professionals in New York City, Singapore, and globally (via virtual happy hour and gatherings).
Fellowship Program Eligibility
- VFS Fellowship Program is open to all college students of Vietnamese descent who have already received a summer internship offer in the Investment Banking, Sales & Trading, Equity Research, Asset Management and related fields.
- This year we are accepting applicants with internships in the United States (not only in NYC). Applicants from other countries and regions will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
About Vietnam Finance Society
- Vietnam Finance Society is a member-run 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization committed to building a strong community of Vietnamese finance professionals. VFS' main objectives are: (i) to provide forums for the exchange of information and promotion of thought leadership with respect to the finance industries; and (ii) to provide mentorship programs, leadership development and continuing education for the younger generation of Vietnamese to maximize their opportunities for success in the finance profession.
- For more information please, follow our Facebook Page at: https://www.facebook.com/vfsociety/, visit our website at: www.vfsociety.org, or email us at email@example.com