- The 2022 VFS Fellowship Program helps college students of Vietnamese descent succeed during their summer finance internships and beyond. The program will provide for mentorship support, educational events, and networking opportunities with young professionals, senior leaders and high-achieving peers in the industry.
- From June to August 2022, fellows will participate in a series of professional development workshops and networking events to broaden their knowledge of the finance industry and to develop the skills necessary to succeed during their internships and beyond in their careers.
- Professional development workshops on internship best practices, navigating the corporate environment, career planning, communications, and negotiation skills
- Discussions with senior executives on industry landscapes, trends, and market developments
- As part of the program, each of the fellows will be matched with a mentor who is a finance professional based on the industry of each fellow’s internship as well as his or her preferences. Throughout the program, mentors will share their experiences and provide fellows with ongoing advice. Fellows will also have access to the broader VFS Mentorship Network.
- Participating mentors and speakers in the 2021 VFS Fellowship Program were professionals from Bank of America Merrill Lynch, BNP Paribas, Barclays, MAEVA, and Goldman Sachs, among others.
- The 2022 VFS’s Fellowship program will be primarily held online. Nonetheless, the organizers will try to host different offline mentorship meetings, social gatherings, and workshops if the situation improves and in accordance with local laws and regulations.
Fellowship Program Eligibility
- VFS Fellowship Program is open to all college students of Vietnamese descent who have already received a summer internship offer in Investment Banking, Sales & Trading, Equity Research, Asset Management, and related finance fields.
This year we are accepting applicants with internships in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Singapore. Applicants from other countries and regions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Fellowship Program Application
- Candidates can apply to the fellowship program through the following application form
- If you are currently a finance professional and would like to mentor a fellow, provide workshops, or join the VFS Mentorship Network, please sign up here
- Deadline: Applications are due at 11:59pm on April 24, 2022. Candidates will be evaluated on a rolling basis, and phone interviews will be required.
- Cost: The VFS Fellowship Program will cost US$100 in the form of a tax-deductible donation to Vietnam Finance Society, Inc. The cost is used mainly to cover technology expenses related to running the fellowship program, as well as to help expand VFS in the future.
About Vietnam Finance Society
- Vietnam Finance Society is a member-run 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization committed to building a strong community of Vietnamese finance professionals. VFS' main objectives are: (i) to provide forums for the exchange of information and promotion of thought leadership with respect to the finance industries; and (ii) to provide mentorship programs, leadership development, and continuing education for the younger generation of Vietnamese to maximize their opportunities for success in the finance profession.
For more information please, follow our Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/vfsociety/, visit our website at www.vfsociety.org, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.